a torrent for already existing download

Discuss Shareaza bugs.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

a torrent for already existing download

Postby ailurophobe » 11 Jun 2011 06:21

I had a download that had a btih obtained from G2. It got stalled and I tried getting it thru bittorrent and nothing happened because I already had that file downloading. The correct behaviour would have been to add the tracker info and other bittorrent bits to the download. A not totally wrong would have been to create a new torrent download I could have merged the partial into. And yes I could have done all this manually, but that is not really the point.
ailurophobe

Re: a torrent for already existing download

Postby ailurophobe » 15 Jun 2011 08:03

Bit off-topic, but... Had an opportunity to try merging local files into a batch torrent and... it actually worked despite the torrent being bit messed. Thanks, ryo!

Now all that is really missing is what this thread is about, better support for merging torrents and incomplete non-torrents. Looking good...

Also off-topic. but... It might actually make sense to support Bittorrent DHT in Shareaza. Because BitTorrent works different from ED2K, it would be practical to only connect to the DHT as needed, ie if you can't connect to the trackers or trackers do not have sources. This would prevent DHT from ever actually hurting performance and get Shareaza some working DHT code for testing and optimize.
ailurophobe

Postby old_death » 15 Jun 2011 13:22

old_death

Postby andhee » 15 Jun 2011 23:03

andhee

Return to Bugs