can't download anything

Discuss any general topics regarding Shareaza.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

can't download anything

Postby magnetmanca » 06 Jul 2011 05:18

I can't download anything anymore these days.

No matter what I search. All I get is spam. No actual results. I have my filters turned on.

I keep getting these messages in the Network> System area that says received a malformatted hit query packet.

Thats all I get. It's annoying. I'm going to give up using Shareaza altogether if this keeps up.
magnetmanca

Re: can't download anything

Postby old_death » 06 Jul 2011 22:31

What filesharing networks do you have enabled? Do you have the latest anti spam filter in place?
old_death

Postby cyko_01 » 06 Jul 2011 22:46

I have to admit that even the latest antispam filter is not perfect(far from it), but if you sort your search results by the "Host/Count" column (with the most sources at the top) then that spam should fall to the bottom of the list unless you are searching for something really obscure.
Join Shareaza On Facebook! --> http://facebook.com/Shareaza
All-In-One AntiSpam Filter [Aug-14-2011] --> http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10
cyko_01

Postby wrinkler » 07 Jul 2012 12:31

At least 90% of my messages are "Ignoring malformed query packet", in red or orange. (Which I get most of, seems to shift over time, I only just noticed the two colors a couple minutes ago; they were mostly red then, but mostly orange now, and I've done nothing.)

If these are not critical errors, why do I need to see them all, drowning out any real activity?

Just now noticed a bunch of messages saying something about a "packet which excess query limits". I think you meant "exceeds limits".

I'm currently stuck behind a firewall over which I have no control. I've set my port to 80 in hopes this cuts down on some of the problems. Any other thoughts or advice?
wrinkler

Postby wdc » 29 Aug 2017 11:47

If you are behind a remote firewall, try to setup a VPN to pass the traffic thru it. I am using it and in Shareaza / Settings / Internet / Connection, you will be able to play with settings to make it working.

By the way i am also seeing "packet which excess query limits" and "malformed" log entries, but I AM ABLE to connect and download/upload.
wdc

Postby raspopov » 18 Sep 2017 16:14

Really no need to answer 5 years old questions. :lol:
raspopov
Project Admin

Return to General Discussion