My 10th year anneversary with Shareaza

Discuss any general topics regarding Shareaza.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

My 10th year anneversary with Shareaza

Postby olzora » 14 Aug 2014 17:07

When I was 12 I was introduced to shareaza by my dear uncle, I was watching his pentium 4 gaming machine download multiple movies at the same time, while I was playing all the latest games, chronicles of the riddick, doom 3, nfs hot pursuit was the thing at the time, 10 years later, summer, I am still with shareaza, i dont even know why nobody knows about it, its simply the best, integrates all in one

cheers guys, keep up the good work
olzora

Re: My 10th year anneversary with Shareaza

Postby raspopov » 14 Aug 2014 17:18

Neither I know why I'm still in development of this program... :lol:
raspopov
Project Admin

Postby olzora » 18 Aug 2014 20:15

lol! we are actually originally ukrainians kak dela!

If I worked on it for 10 years I would never leave it, its like leaving your child

Do you know by any chance why I get lags? Like every few clicks in search window, and every few clicks in transfers window, or even switching from one to another window, whole thing will freeze and say its not responding, until it unfreezes and resumes the work.. brand new computer windows 8 64 bit, tons of memory, kaspersky internet security with very strict rules due to recently stolen credit card, but in the period between my 30 day trial ended and before I bought the license, (3 days) the KIS was totally off, so I highly doubt its the antivirus.. Looked through threads, some people had similar issues, unresolved.

Noticed, any time I right click anything whether its for options, properties, or movie preview, whole thing freezes

Feels like it doesnt want to be touched when it's at work, almost :ugeek:
olzora

Postby kathw » 08 Nov 2014 00:59

Also, why do I want to keep coming back here?.. because I love it so.. and because I helped build it from the very very beginning, it's like a child to me.. I didn't do anything technical because I wasn't able to, but I was there, pushing and organising in the background.. arguing too if truth be known. Did a stint at Admin and other stuff, but it was clear that I was not the best person for the job.. so I backed off and left it to the guys who knew what they were doing.. Raspopov et al.

Good job guys :D
kathw

Postby kevogod » 16 Nov 2014 05:41

I am always amazed Shareaza is still around. I think in the case of a nuclear holocaust, only cockroaches and Shareaza would survive. :ugeek: Shareaza is almost a teenager now.
kevogod

Postby old_death » 20 Nov 2014 08:22

Yeah indeed... maybe its's time for Shareaza to hit its puberty and start reinventing itself :D
old_death

Postby VTOLfreak » 05 Oct 2015 23:42

I can't believe the setup script I wrote as a little kid is still in use today.
I still remember being an annoying little brat on the forums back then. Until one day Mike packed up and made it open source. Suddenly it was "learn to code or GTFO" :p At least I'm through puberty now...

Hi kathw. :) Is Rolandas still around?
VTOLfreak

Postby kathw » 31 Oct 2015 03:43

OMG!.. I remember you VTOL (Vertical Take Off & Landing} and the battles we had, it's such a treat for me to see you here.. I guess your not a teenager now yourself.. Thing is.. I'm an old bugger now, revisiting my shady past which I enjoyed.

Yes Rolandas is still around, but not on Raza.. he contacts me periodically on FB.. which is nice... most of the guys do to be honest, even though I'm retired.. I guess I will always be MOM :)
kathw

Postby VTOLfreak » 31 Oct 2015 20:21

VTOLfreak

Postby kathw » 11 Nov 2015 01:58

It's good to see old friends VTOL, I hope your life is happy and fruitful.. what times we had eh? The good old days :D

You know.. I still use Raza now and then after all these years, because I think it's the best.. yes I know torrents kinda flooded the net, but Raza still works for me and torrents work in there just great ;)
kathw

Postby oldshareguy » 25 May 2016 19:45

It was long time ago... about 2003? when i installed shareazaa first time. It was a time of file sharing freedom. Some years later p2p based on simple bittorent clients and catalog sites gradually was dominated my habbits - in the simple reason - i did not need to know what I'm looking for - just see "new releases", click and go.

But... im looking at those sites today and what im seeing? Everywhere fake sites that try to install malware, or wants to pay. Search function works, but - pay, or content is very small.
I thought that there is no alternative because the gnutella network and other disappears.

But some months ago i was installed Srareazaa again, and..... woooow! It works, it is fresh and pretty, it has a lot of shared content, and like years ago - it is most advanced file sharing application. So again im using it and im happy with the most important and free function in the world - "search".

It worries me that Nikolay is the only one programmer of Shareazaa code. Nikolay - thank You, keep your strength and enthusiasm.
oldshareguy

Return to General Discussion