Confused About "that" Message

Discuss any general topics regarding Shareaza.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Confused About "that" Message

Postby hotshorty » 22 Jan 2017 02:50

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and maybe I'm having trouble understanding because I'm autistic. I also checked on the Shareaza wiki and did a forum search for server and server move, with no results found. So I decided to ask here.

After registering, I then got an email and click on the link to confirm my account, then after that I clicked on "login" again and saw a message about sourceforge getting rid of hosted services and that the forums were being moved. I understood that part. What I didn't understand was whatever it said about your password being reset and your email being some address at sourceforge.net. Why would my email be some address at sourceforge.net, when they move to a new server? I'm confused. Don't I use the email that I used to setup this account which happens to be a free email address, when it moves to a new server?

Can someone explain what that message about using the sourceforge address was about and what exactly you are suppose to do when the server moves? I'm confused about using a sourceforge address for my email when the server moves, since I don't have a sourceforge email. (as far as I know).
hotshorty

Re: Confused About "that" Message

Postby raspopov » 04 Feb 2017 22:35

Just ignore it.
raspopov
Project Admin

Return to General Discussion