DC++ (chat window and server walking)

Discuss Shareaza features.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

DC++ (chat window and server walking)

Postby Neo2001 » 14 Apr 2014 23:08

I have a few small suggestions for DC++ network:

I added a few (CORRECT) servers (hubs) into the cache, but at each restart Shareaza connects only to he last connected hub, I suggest Shareaza to connect to random hub (something like server walikng).

Could you make opening DC++ chat windows in background (?), because each time an user starts Shareaza (with DC++ enable always = true) it sees freshly opened chat windows, not the HOME window.
Neo2001

Re: DC++ (chat window and server walking)

Postby wdc » 29 Mar 2017 15:11

Neo2001 wrote:Shareaza connects only to the last connected hub, I suggest Shareaza to connect to random hub (something like server walikng).

I think that one can connect only one hub at a time. (If i am not wrong) One can raise the limit to max. 5 hubs, check here

Neo2001 wrote:Could you make opening DC++ chat windows in background

I also think there is a room for improvement in Shareaza, so one can connect much more hubs and set favorite ones to auto-connect at Shareaza startup. Some hubs sending system messages and it will attract your attention even Shareaza is minimized as its tab start flashing (on Windows 10) which is quite unwanted as i usually do not care about system messages from hub chats. Also too many chat tabs (hub windows) is quite unwanted as usually one want to open many hubs just for the purpose to increate number of search results, so excessive hub tabs makes mess in the interface.
wdc

Return to Features