Feature Request: Option to Disable Search History

Discuss Shareaza features.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Feature Request: Option to Disable Search History

Postby zigozag » 17 Jan 2011 21:04

This is a question we got a few times on IRC: some people were looking to delete their search history (and we told them how, by choosing the clear history option from the drop down menu in the Search bar, on the Home Tab). Some of these folks told they would have liked to have an option to disable the search history instead of having to clean it regularly.

Since I was asked to report this feature request, here it is.

Related Trac ticket: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/shareaza/ticket/149
zigozag

Re: Feature Request: Option to Disable Search History

Postby acerswap » 18 Jan 2011 14:30

+1, and also delete the auto-complete in the filter field.
acerswap

Postby suzycat » 26 Sep 2012 01:14

i am a new user of shareaza i can not find any way to clear search memory i have many mispellings of searches and it is anoying to see them everytime i start to search eg momo sengen mumu sengun instead of mumo sengen also a instead of s etc etc etc i saw your post and tried to follow it but i cannot see the options you describe please help me i have the latest versuon of shareaze every time i start i will download new version if available
suzycat

Postby old_death » 27 Sep 2012 17:13

You can clear your search history by using the drop down icon on the search line in the home tab.
old_death

Postby suzycat » 29 Sep 2012 00:11

thank you very much your exact wording allowed me to find it
i had over 20 misspellings and plenty of 1 file only searches no longer needed :D
i now realize how little i know and will concentrate on learning more about shareaza
i used shareaza back about 2000 when it upgraded to 1.2.0 but i have forgotten by this time
if you are looking for music post what artists you are looking for i have so far only posted folders a to f as i am moving from different drives renaming and creating folders for each artist one letter at a time and can do any letter next
suzycat

Return to Features