[WORKAROUND] DC++ keeps reconnecting to register-only chat

Discuss Shareaza features.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

[WORKAROUND] DC++ keeps reconnecting to register-only chat

Postby R_U_Bn » 19 Apr 2014 11:21

Bug report:

I don't know much about DC, so I am just putting here what happens in my words. Please feel free to not take every word to litteraly since I don't know the exact terminology.

1. I downloaded a dc-hub list from some suggestions on this forum and added them to shareaza the way suggested (something like opening xml.bz file by shareaza app.)

2. I enabled DC++ connection

3. I saw a lot of new "chat" tabs being created. This on itself I don't like very much, but it's "bearable" 8-)

4. There is one chat tab that keeps beeping three times a second and never stops. It's trying to (re-re-...re-)reconnect to a register-only site of some sort. Here is a copy of the first 2 repetitions, but it repeats without end until I close DC connection:
"""
[12:11:36] Private conversation granted, you are now chatting with .
[12:11:36] <Verlihub> User limit exceeded at 0 online users. This is a registered users only hub.
[12:11:36] The chat connection was lost.
[12:11:36] Connection closed.
[12:11:36] <Verlihub> User limit exceeded at 0 online users. This is a registered users only hub.
[12:11:37] Private conversation granted, you are now chatting with .
[12:11:37] The chat connection was lost.
[12:11:37] Connection closed

"""

5. This happens now every time I start Sharaeza. I can't find a setting to stop connecting to DC at startup.
I also don't know how to get that server out of my DC-hub list, so I would appreciate that tip too besides this bug report. Thanks.
(For

Good luck and thanks for the software, devies!
A fellow open source developer ;)
Last edited by R_U_Bn on 19 Apr 2014 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
R_U_Bn

Re: DC++ keeps trying to connect to register-only chat room.

Postby queuesclimber » 19 Apr 2014 12:50

Open DC list ( F8 ) and chosse a good hub with rightclicking and set it to Priority Server
queuesclimber

Re: DC++ keeps trying to connect to register-only chat room.

Postby R_U_Bn » 19 Apr 2014 13:43

Thanks, but I forgot and mention that I already tried that. When I open it, I only see eDonkey servers (at least if I can believ the icons).

O wait! There are filters at the bottom. Thanks for making me retry! I didn't take the time to notice it was filtered by default. Thanks again.

As for the "bug", I am not really a pusher or requester for this since it is fixed; just for the record, I guess .. whichever..
R_U_Bn

Return to Features