certain torrents - but only certain ones - are opening in sh

Get answers to your Shareaza related problems.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

certain torrents - but only certain ones - are opening in sh

Postby BigDan » 13 Apr 2016 03:37

When I got Shareaza my torrents started opening in Shareaza. I found the way to fix that, by going to Shareaza Settings / General / Web and then disassociating torrents with Shareaza.

Now that essentially fixed the problem. That was months ago. But today I noticed that Piratebay torrents are still opening up in Shareaza. WTF?

Another issue with Piratebay somehow is that I cant download the torrent files themselves. They either open in Shareaza or they dont get downloaded at all. Never seen that before.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dan
BigDan

Re: certain torrents - but only certain ones - are opening i

Postby Atleta » 13 Apr 2016 11:04

Did you mean magnet links?
Shareaza has a bug that he always comes back to "steal" the association with the links on it supported, I solved this problem by doing the following steps:

1 - Open the Shareaza and disable the association with the links that you want other applications to work;
2 - Close the Shareaza, open that other application and associate it with the kind of link;
3 - Press "Win + R" and type the command "regedit" and delete the following key in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\magnet" , in this case, that solves the problem of association with magnetic links, which are used by the piratebay;
4 - Just in case, go to "default programs" and to associate the application with the link type you want, and resolved.

* I'm sorry, I'm not fluent in the English language, so I used an online translator to write here.
Atleta

Postby BigDan » 14 Apr 2016 10:03

BigDan

Postby Atleta » 14 Apr 2016 11:05

Atleta

Return to Help and Support