seed a torrent cannot find files

Get answers to your Shareaza related problems.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

seed a torrent cannot find files

Postby pluriel » 08 May 2016 12:19

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem seeding a particular torrent: It seeds fine when the related folder/files are in the "Shareaza Downloads" folder, but when I move the files to another folder and try to seed the same torrent I get a small windows with the following pronouncement:

"This torrent includes the file "(name of folder)" but Shareaza cannot find this file in your library. If possible, move the file to a sha... (rest of line cut off)
try again. The system cannot find the path specified."

I have added the new folder to the library, all new file hashes have been created.

How can I get Shareaza to realize the same folder and files are there, just in a new folder?

Cheers.
pluriel

Re: seed a torrent cannot find files

Postby pluriel » 08 May 2016 15:16

Ok, so the way to get Shareaza to re-seed torrents whose files have moved to a new shared folder is to "trick" it by setting the "Save Completed Files Here" setting (Internet->Downloads) to the new shared folder and starting the seeding (Home window->Seed a torrent). This can thereafter be changed back to the previous folder; the list of seeding torrents remains on the Downloads list :)

This seems like a minor bug to me - maybe the thread should go into the bugs section. Shareaza version in question is current 2.7.9.0 Release.
pluriel

Return to Help and Support