Torrent won't download from seed; says "Uninterested"

Get answers to your Shareaza related problems.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Torrent won't download from seed; says "Uninterested"

Postby Lanigiro » 22 May 2016 00:51

I have a torrent I'm trying to download that won't download from one of its seeds. In the status it shows "Uninterested" for that source.

AIUI, that means that the downloader isn't missing any of the chunks the uploader has, so in the upload pane it would mean the other peer had every chunk you had, and in the download pane that the other peer has no chunks you lack.

The problem is, in the download pane a seed should only ever show as "Uninterested" if *you are also a seed*. I, on the other hand, have only about 88% of this particular torrent.

So, something's wrong -- maybe the seed *thinks* I have the whole file, when actually I don't.

How do I unclog the works and get it going again?
Lanigiro

Re: Torrent won't download from seed; says "Uninterested"

Postby queuesclimber » 22 May 2016 18:07

This also happens with fresh started .torrents
The Seed/Peer is uninterested to download anything from my 0,00 % finished torrent
On other hand, it will not give access to download from him.
Even me can not understand the broken logic behind that.
queuesclimber

Postby raspopov » 22 May 2016 18:29

Probably server has no free bandwidth for your upload, just wait.
raspopov
Project Admin

Postby Lanigiro » 22 May 2016 22:13

Lanigiro

Postby Lanigiro » 26 May 2016 00:59

There are now TWO seeds reported in the download tab as "Uninterested". Both show as definitely having 100% of the file. They have two distinct torrent clients (one Deluge, one uTorrent). Distinct IPs and geographic areas.

I find it more likely that the cause of the problem (they seem to think I'm a fellow seed when I'm still missing 1/6 of the file) is in my Shareaza instance than that there are two separate and independent failures somewhere else.

What do I need to do to jump-start this thing, which was, until a week ago, downloading somewhat sluggishly for a torrent but steadily?
Lanigiro

Postby Lanigiro » 28 May 2016 19:57

And this torrent continues to behave in paradoxical ways. Last night I checked it and a) unfolding the + next to it showed four connected peers, two of them seeds and the other two with the exact same part of the file I had while b) the torrent status dialog claimed it had 0 seeds and 2 leechers -- so parts of Shareaza are seeing the two seeds and other parts of Shareaza aren't.

This morning I get up to find it's at 99.5% complete, so sometime during the night it downloaded most of the rest of the file -- and then stopped again for no reason. One peer is connected right now, with only a tiny bit of the file, and the status box still claims 0 seeds, 2 leechers.

I can only assume that if I am patient, the semi-broken torrent implementation in Shareaza will eventually snag the sliver of the file that still remains to be downloaded, given that it stalled for a week and then got a big chunk of what was remaining.

I might even have it before the Fourth of July.
Lanigiro

Return to Help and Support