Getting started

Post comments about Shareaza code and discuss with other developers.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Getting started

Postby manekineko » 17 Aug 2009 17:53

I was thinking about poking around a little in the source of Shareaza, and I found the wiki with steps for doing so.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... sualStudio

Before I follow all the steps involved though, could someone comment on how up to date or outdated this is? Is Shareaza 2.4 really still only compilable in Visual Studio 2003, or will a more modern one be better? I can't help but notice that the wiki says, "Microsoft is finishing the upcoming release, Visual Studio 2005." :o :mrgreen:

Other than that, can I more or less just follow the directions on the wiki? Are there any gotchas to be aware of? Any foreseeable difficulties in getting started?

My current machine is running Windows 7 RC dual boot with Ubuntu, presumably I'd be doing any development in Win 7 given that this uses Microsoft Visual Studio. If necessary, I could look into getting the XP virtualization compatibility mode working on my system.

Thanks!
manekineko

Re: Getting started

Postby kevogod » 18 Aug 2009 01:16

kevogod

Postby manekineko » 20 Aug 2009 20:59

Thanks, ran into quite a lot of complications along the way, but I got it compiling.

I've made some changes to the Wiki to reflect the complications and the solutions I've found, including the need to install DirectX SDK.
This is the page I relied upon to solve that problem:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/thread/ed097d2c-3d68-4f48-8448-277eaaf68252

Also, very strangely, I had to edit main_9.iss line 684 and add a missing semicolon to get it to successfully compile on a vanilla download of the 2.4 source. Everything does seem to be working in the install now though.
manekineko

Postby kevogod » 21 Aug 2009 00:11

kevogod

Return to Development Discussion