Miranda IM plugin

Post comments about Shareaza code and discuss with other developers.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Miranda IM plugin

Postby old_death » 22 Jul 2014 01:05

Ryo-oh-ki,
AFAIK, you are a Miranda IM plugin developer. Have you ever thought about a Miranda plugin for handling Sharezas P2P chat (e.g. Shareaza forwarding the chat messages to Miranda instead of handling the chat internally). That would be an übercool addition. :mrgreen:
old_death

Re: Miranda IM plugin

Postby SolidSnake » 22 Jul 2014 09:17

I prefer plugin for Miranda NG (http://miranda-ng.org/en/), Miranda IM is dead is been while.
SolidSnake

Postby raspopov » 22 Jul 2014 09:52

IMHO due a very unstable nature of P2P it is not really possible to make a "contact" which is a fundamental object for Miranda IM.

BTW Miranda NG is a very stupid project, original Miranda IM has a beautiful design - very module, very compatible. But NG degraded to solid junk and returned to DLL Hell. To survive so ill-designed code developers of NG was forced to creates copy of ALL plugins and rebuilds it for every release because every release is not guaranteed compatible with each other. And moreover they claim that this is an advantage...

raspopov
Project Admin

Postby old_death » 22 Jul 2014 10:17

One more reason to stick with Miranda IM for now. ;)

But seriously, I wasn't thinking about contacts and such, I was only thinking about incoming chat conversations (in a first stage at least). The problem with those is that it is way too easy to miss such an incoming connection. If those were forwarded to miranda, that problem could be solved.
old_death

Return to Development Discussion