Filtering: Incomplete files and already deleted files

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Filtering: Incomplete files and already deleted files

Postby old_death » 12 Feb 2012 03:38

Ryo-oh-ki,
I would like to submit a feature request:
There are two things that cannot be filtered via advanced filtering ATM: One cannot filter out all incomplete hits (this allows to eliminate files where there is no complete copy available from searches) and one cannot filter out files already downloaded and deleted (red marked ones). While the first thing is more important, the second one would be a "nice to have".

BTW, there could be done a lot of optimizations in the way changed search filters are handled. Especially making a filter more specific should not iterate threw all hits, but only threw those hits not filtered out by the previous choice of filter. The same is true for when removing a filter restriction. Instead of iterating threw all hits, one needs to look only at those hits filtered out previously, instead of checking them all.
old_death

Re: Filtering: Incomplete files and already deleted files

Postby ailurophobe » 12 Feb 2012 03:48

Yes, filtering out files that only have partial sources would be nice. I've learned to check for it now, but until I did these files caused lots of needless annoyance. Would definitely noticeably improve user experience.
ailurophobe

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion