Process must be ended while turning off computer

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Process must be ended while turning off computer

Postby stefanbg93 » 04 Jul 2009 19:40

Hi, nice forum, I hope that I'm on the right one :) This one is third, right?
Now this is why I'm here: because I'm downloading very big file, I must start Shareaza with Windows XP, and everything works good, but when I need to turn off computer I see that Windows is trying to end Shareaza's process. But the end isn't there, sometimes that doesn't work and I must manually end that process or my computer will stay turned on, what can be a problem. That happened to me couple of times. Can we do something? Or I have to wait for next release of Shareaza? When will that be? I saw on wikipedia while I was searching for your real site (because there is a whole group of "your" sites) that you are preparing 2.4.0.4.
stefanbg93

Re: Process must be ended while turning off computer

Postby kevogod » 05 Jul 2009 05:35

kevogod

Postby ocexyz » 05 Jul 2009 09:44

Closing Shareaza can last quite long especially when you have lots of files in cue to download. Shareaza just close them and this makes it last so long. This is number of files in your incomplete dir. You can try to limit number of them and this will make it shorter. You can see in task manager (ctrl+alt+del) how amount of memory used bby Shareaza is lowering, so you can estimate it and have feedback that reealy whatever is going on.

Try last debug build. In fact just use last version 2.4.0.4 instead of 2.4.0.0, this is reasonable as there are so many changes, hundreds if not thousands. Download it from so called debug site. This can help with this and also some other problems, as they were just solved one by one from one version to next one. And this process is continued.
ocexyz

Postby diztrancer » 05 Jul 2009 10:50

diztrancer

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion