A few problems with the IRC tab

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

A few problems with the IRC tab

Postby zigozag » 22 Jul 2010 18:20

Hi,

There is a problem with the IRC button with Shareaza 2.5.3.0 when it's used in Normal Mode. The IRC button is simply not shown, users have to click Viev and then IRC from the pull-down menu, which kind of defeats the purpose of the IRC tab since it's supposed to be an easy way to provide help to newbies. This was tested with the French locale under both Windows XP and Vista (thanks go to Stitch and Melody on #shareaza-french for spotting the bug and the testing). Interestingly, I couldn't reproduce it under Wine, so I couldn't test it further. See the attached screenshot for details.

Also, as a trivial bug, note that on the user list, halfops (%) are shown above ops (@).

Finally, note that the "welcome text" of the IRC tab that is displayed before a connection is established to the IRC server is garbled, maybe due to a skin change with the latest version. See the second screenshot for details please. The entire text should have been
"Bienvenue au salon IRC de Shareaza
Veuillez respecter les autres lors de l'utilisation de ce service" (missing parts emphasized).

Before the next release, feel free to drop an e-mail or ping ops on #shareaza-french so that there
is some basic testing in order to avoid such blatant bugs which make Shareaza look like it's alpha
quality.
Attachments
razairc_screenshot.gif
Regarding the problem with the IRC button
garbled_text_screenshot.gif
Regarding the problem with the "welcome text"
zigozag

Re: A few problems with the IRC tab

Postby cyko_01 » 22 Jul 2010 22:54

looking at the first screenshot it looks like they are using an old skin (no idea which one to be honest). If that is the case then the IRC button will not show up since IRC was not implemented at that point (or the skin was never fully updated).

If they have no skin applied (purple desktop?) then it was probably never spotted because daily builds ship with shareazaOS as the default skin which changes the nav buttons

let me know what is up with the skins and I'll take a look at it
cyko_01

Postby zigozag » 29 Jul 2010 20:54

Melody had no skin applied, Stitch says she tested it with all the skins included by default and got the same error in Normal mode.
zigozag

Postby siavoshkc » 30 Jul 2010 18:55

Shareaza chat should be fully revised as it has serious bugs. like: crashing when opening the rooms, clipping text, displaying messages in wrong room, etc.
siavoshkc

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion