Some skin bugs

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Some skin bugs

Postby zigozag » 31 Jul 2010 19:51

Below are 3 screenshots of what seemed to be skin bugs to me. I think the screenshots (which were all taken the with ShareazaOS skin enabled) and the file comments are self-explanatory, but of course, if I wasn't clear enough for something feel free to drop a reply.

Hope it's useful in some way.
Attachments
bug mes connections.gif
Apparent bug in the Connection ("Mes Connexions") box in the Home tab.
connected_or_not.gif
In Normal Mode, after disconnecting from each network manually, the status text at the bottom of the window still displays "connected" (whereas Shareaza is indeed disconnected).
torrent_kad_cache.gif
Kademlia and BitTorrent cache buttons that need to be deleted in the Host Cache window.
torrent_kad_cache.gif (3.18 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
zigozag

Re: Some skin bugs

Postby old_death » 05 Aug 2010 15:02

I don't think the second and the third are actually skin bugs...
old_death

Postby zigozag » 10 Sep 2010 19:38

You are probably right (I don't know much about the inner workings of Shareaza), and interestingly the bug shown in the first screenshot is not a skin bug either, it's related to the translations. For some reason the correspondence of some stings in English and other, already translated strings appear to have changed in translated files, which may be pretty misleading for users.

Fortunately these changes are limited, and hopefully the latest French locale fixes the issue for French speaking users, but other languages may well need an update too.
zigozag

Postby old_death » 11 Sep 2010 00:37

old_death

Postby raspopov » 11 Sep 2010 07:51

Translation shifted due original english text was changed. My tool cannot understand that there is a "hole" in translation strings now and filled it with text below so it "shifted".
raspopov
Project Admin

Postby old_death » 11 Sep 2010 14:12

Ah, that explains part of the problem... But this means we're going to have a problem with formatting, in case it is a bit different to the English one (e.g. bold text etc.), aren't we?
old_death

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion