Search results order keeps changing

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Search results order keeps changing

Postby pquesinb » 01 Sep 2010 19:31

Hi all,

Ever since installing the latest version of Shareaza on a new machine, the results order keeps jumping around, making it difficult to pick out the files I am interested in.

This happens when sorting on a column where there are identical occurrences of the property being sorted upon. For example: sorting on "Size" will cause all groups of results that are the same size to change order amongst themselves. If I don't sort on anything, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else noticed this or have I (and/or my machine) lost my mind? I did a bit of searching on the forum but did not find any similar complaints.

This happens even if an active search is not in progress, i.e. after "Stop" is clicked. Very annoying.

I feel guilty making any sort of complaint about this though, because other than this little problem, I have to say that Shareaza has got to be one of the greatest file-sharing clients of all time. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

- Phil
pquesinb

Re: Search results order keeps changing

Postby siavoshkc » 04 Sep 2010 08:55

Please check that only locations are changing or count of the items is also changing.
siavoshkc

Postby pquesinb » 04 Sep 2010 15:59

Only the location/order is changing, the counts remain the same. The location(s) will jump back and forth between the same places over and over.
pquesinb

Postby ailurophobe » 05 Sep 2010 00:58

When this happens with three or more items with same property does the first one go last and everything else move one step forward?
ailurophobe

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion