Batch torrent merge with existing file

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Batch torrent merge with existing file

Postby ailurophobe » 07 Oct 2010 01:51

Currently only seems to work for the first file in the batch. Also it might be better to move this to the files tab since it is always targeted at a specific file. Although automatically recognizing the matching file in the batch using file size and verification hash would be possible.

This would be useful because while changing file priority allows me to avoid downloading files I already have, it does not give existing files matching file names and move them to the same directory with the new files. It also does not allow uploading the files I already have to the torrent which would potentially increase initial download speeds in torrents with few peers.
ailurophobe

Re: Batch torrent merge with existing file

Postby ailurophobe » 09 Oct 2010 00:01

Also there really should be a "merge partial" that would allow merging an existing download to the batch torrent while keeping the known file hashes. Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to add a hash to a file in batch torrent.

Weird behaviour I have been seeing, not sure if it is a bug or not (don't use BT that much). The download link from the BT peer gets apparently permanently stuck on "downloading" state while nothing is transferred. This also freezes upload link to the peer while still reserving the proper chunk of the upload bandwidth. In a torrent with few peers like the one I am getting eventually you are stuck on all available peers and nothing gets transferred either way while upload to other networks is affected as if you were using most of upload for BT... Disconnecting the link removes the freeze and you can download from the same peer normally after Shareaza reconnects to it. This doesn't happen that often and probably would be unnoticeable if the torrent had more sources. (btw, ivans UT_PEX patch seemed to work, as updating the version I use increased the source number significantly.)
ailurophobe

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion