Download Sources Problem?

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Download Sources Problem?

Postby kboddie » 22 Jul 2009 14:43

I've noticed in some of the recent builds that when I search for a genre of files I always sort them by number of sources, so I can download the files with the most users ect..yet, I almost always only seem to be able to actually connect to a few, maybe 10 out of like 180 of the sources that actually get queued in or even download at all. Is this a problem? Because it happens on a lot of different files. Video, Audio, ect... I don't have a firewall enabled except for Windows Firewall and I have added the proper exception, and I am not behind a NAT. I have a 8Mb/s cable connection and I am running Vista SP2. Anyways, it is just strange to me that there are so many sources and I am only able to connect to a few of them.

Kris
kboddie

Re: Download Sources Problem?

Postby raspopov » 26 Jul 2009 09:45

Its normal. Shareaza and eD2K-servers uses such file metric as "last seen sources counter", its approximately number of recently seen sources (without specifing actual host IPs). So you can get more or less than this number depends on time and luck. Btw some sources can be counted twice or even triple if your Shareaza queried close HUBs or source recently hopped from one eD2K-server to another.
raspopov
Project Admin

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion