Shareaza won't add source.

Discuss Shareaza development as a user.
Forum rules
Home | Wiki | Rules

Shareaza won't add source.

Postby blackflag100 » 25 Nov 2010 06:26

Another r8842 bug, somewhat serious as it systematically blocks the download of specific files.

I've noticed for a while now that sometimes when adding search results to the Transfers window in r8842 they start out showing Queued (No Sources) even though Shareaza hasn't even made any attempt to contact the sources yet. There should be as many sources (at least 1!) as shown in the search result window. If I resume the queued file, then Shareaza would contact those sources and possibly drop one or more of them depending on how they responded, but it should not be forgetting them without even contacting them first, nor should it be failing to add them in the first place. Yet r8842 definitely sometimes does at least one of those 2 erroneous things.

I've now caught it red-handed in a particular instance. The source is an ed2k source and it is not a push source -- single green checkmark. The client type of the source is ed2k itself rather than one of the many other clients, such as Shareaza and eMule.

The interesting thing is that the same thing happens if I try to manually add the source to the download (using right click copy URI on the search result, then pasting any of the three into Add Source... on the download on the transfers tab) -- it doesn't even flicker, but steadily shows No Sources, suggesting that it is not adding the source at all. The Add Source... menu item silently failing to add anything seems to be a clear-cut case of a bug.

Further, if I cancel the download and then use Add Download/Torrent... on the transfers tab and paste in one of the URIs, the same thing happens: the download is added to the transfers tab without any sources.

One of the three URIs listed for the offending file is:

ed2kftp://[IP redacted]:11938/582cf47621c5e7398afd8bb57bb1d2ee/318667/

Since Shareaza isn't even trying to contact the source first, and since it's merrily downloaded other ed2k downloads, I can only assume that it dislikes this URI for some reason that's inherent in the URI. I'm not sure what that reason would be.

One possibility that occurred to me is that this could be a mishandling of what pure ed2k clients report as A4AF status. These should emphatically NOT show as No Sources in Shareaza, because they have a known valid source; it's just necessary to wait until another download from that source completes to start this one. The file should be Pending and the source should sit there with a countdown timer; when the clock runs out, Shareaza should check if it's still queued or downloading another file from the same source and, if it is, treat the source as Busy and restart the countdown timer, otherwise attempting to contact the source to get queued for that file. This behavior would be consistent with its treatment of Gnutella sources that it can't enqueue with. The only difference is that it doesn't have to actually contact the source to know that it will get a "busy signal" from it in this instance.

The behavior has changed since release 2.5.3.0. How did 2.5.3.0 handle A4AF ed2k download-source combinations?
blackflag100

Re: Shareaza won't add source.

Postby siavoshkc » 15 Jan 2011 10:56

I think the reason behind this is security blocking of that context. For some reason there is a security problem with download or source.
siavoshkc

Postby blackflag100 » 15 Jan 2011 11:03

blackflag100

Postby cyko_01 » 22 Jan 2011 04:12

cyko_01

Postby old_death » 22 Jan 2011 04:28

old_death

Return to Bugs, Tasks, and Features Discussion